Buzz Bingo, the UK’s largest retail Bingo operator, will begin to reopen clubs across the UK from 6 August, with enhanced safety measures to keep customers and colleagues safe.
Following the Government guidance, Buzz Bingo has implemented careful safety measures which will initially be rolled out across twelve clubs starting 6 August 2020.
Measures across all clubs include:
- Introducing a new maximum capacity to allow for social distancing
- All clubs will now have markers on the floor, both inside and outside, to keep customers safe while queueing
- Perspex screens have been installed at the reception, bar and bingo sales, as well as between machines and fixed gaming terminals so that players and colleagues are able to maintain social distancing
- Some seats will be marked as ‘out of use’ to keep players safely distanced – there will be ‘group’ and individual seating areas to allow families and ‘one household’ to play together
- All colleagues across the clubs will be in line with COVID Secure risk assessments and a new and more frequent cleaning rota will be in place
- Sanitising stations will be available around clubs to keep hands clean before touching bingo equipment or machines which players will be encouraged to make use of
- Contactless card payments will be increased up to the value of £45
- There will be a number of changes to the menu and the way food is served to ensure kitchen staff are able to work socially distanced
- Continued personal support for all customers – extending the Buzz Buddies support offered in lockdown for elderly and vulnerable customers
Chris Matthews, CEO of Buzz Bingo said: “We can’t wait to reopen our doors from 6th August and be back together again with our customers, it has been a long time apart. Our clubs are at the heart of local communities but we only wanted to reopen when we were sure we had done everything to keep our customers and colleagues safe.
“We’ve missed seeing everyone but the health and safety of our colleagues and customers is our number one priority. We’ve made sure extensive measures have been put in place to offer customers comfort so that they can safely return to their local bingo club to see old friends and enjoy a few games again.
“We’ve spent the last few months eagerly preparing for their return and our clubs are now covid-secure with enhanced cleaning schedules, simplified sessions and easy social distancing. We want everyone to feel safe and relaxed in their local club and in the meantime, we are there for our customers with bingo, slots and games online at buzzbingo.com.
“We can’t wait to welcome everyone back – at a social distance of course; both our regular players and friends – as well as new players who might want to try something new. Let’s help the nation get its buzz back!”
Ahead of the Government’s lockdown, Buzz Bingo temporarily closed all of its clubs as part of its commitment to providing safe and healthy environments for colleagues and customers. While colleagues were not working as normal, many continued to play vital roles within their local communities. This included adopting a new scheme, Buzz Buddies, in which a number of General Managers were trained to check in with their customers who were identified as vulnerable to ensure they had adequate access to food and healthcare, as well as someone to talk to, to combat loneliness.
First phase of clubs reopening:
- Coventry Savoy
- Derby City
- Nottingham Top Valley