CEO and developer Derek Stevens announced his newest Downtown Las Vegas property, Circa Resort & Casino, will debut October 28, 2020.
Previously slated for a December 2020 launch, the 1.25 million-square-foot integrated casino-resort will open with its first five floors of amenities and state-of-the-art parking hub – Garage Mahal – ahead of schedule. Upon completion, the resort will have approximately 1,000 employees.
To achieve this expedited timeline, Stevens reallocated construction resources from Circa’s hotel tower to the first five floors. Slated for completion at the end of 2020, the tower will house Circa’s 777 rooms and suites starting on the eighth floor; room reservations will go live June 24. Guests looking to visit prior to the tower opening can reserve rooms at the D Las Vegas or Golden Gate Hotel & Casino, also owned by Stevens, and enjoy access to Circa’s pool in addition to its public amenities.
“Sometimes life throws you curveballs, and 2020 has been an unpredictable year for the entire world,” said Stevens. “However, thanks to the creativity and ingenuity from our partners at McCarthy Building Companies Inc. and Tré Builders, we can move forward on this accelerated path and have an opening unlike Las Vegas has experienced. We are excited to see what the future holds and to give visitors and locals something to celebrate.”
Located on the world-famous Fremont Street Experience (FSE), Circa will offer guests the following amenities on October 28:
- World’s Largest Sportsbook – One of Circa’s signature features will be its three-story, stadium-style sportsbook, boasting a 78-million-pixel high-definition screen that will be viewable throughout Circa’s two-story casino with a capacity to host up to 1,000 guests. Operated by Stevens’ sports betting venture Circa Sports, the third floor will house a dedicated broadcast studio for Vegas Stats and Information Network (VSiN), offering bettors in-depth expert analysis daily from broadcasters, athletes and industry professionals.
- Pool Amphitheatre – Operating 365 days a year, Circa’s pool amphitheatre will quickly become an outdoor entertainment destination for sports watching, special events and parties. Year-round, guests can catch the biggest games and major televised events broadcast on the 14-million-pixel screen presiding over Circa’s six temperature-controlled pools and two spas. Larger groups can partake in one of the pool’s Super Cabanas, which can host up to 50 guests. Situated on Circa’s fifth floor, the venue also will feature its own food & beverage venue and music from DJs and special guests.
- Original Food & Beverage Concepts
- Saginaw’s Delicatessen – From legendary Michigan restaurateur Paul Saginaw, Saginaw’s Delicatessen will be a family style deli. Saginaw is known worldwide for the iconic Zingerman’s Deli – an Ann Arbor institution he opened with partner Ari Weinzweig in 1982 – that is consistently ranked among the world’s best sandwich joints. Saginaw’s Delicatessen will mark Paul’s first venture outside of the Zingerman’s brand, and will include his famous Reuben and creative sandwiches, as well as delicatessen favorites such as matzo ball soup, onion rings, salads, latkes, chopped liver, breakfast specialties and more.
- Barry’s Downtown Prime – As Circa’s premier steakhouse, Barry’s Downtown Prime will evoke vintage Vegas’ glamour and hospitality. From Chef Barry S. Dakake and his collaborators at Make It Happen Hospitality, Barry’s Downtown Prime will feature succulent steaks, seafood and a dynamic cocktail program. Barry’s will bring guests back to the classic cool of the 50s and 60s when great music and sounds of clinking martini glasses filled the air, the chef greeted you at the table, the bartender knew your favorite cocktail and everyone felt like a VIP.
- Victory Burger & Wings Co. – Created by the founding family of the 102-year-old American Coney Island, Victory Burger & Wings Co. will be Circa’s high-energy sports bar. Helmed by Chris Sotiropoulos and Grace Keros, the lively venue will offer ½ pound burgers, crispy wings, unbeatable fries and an excellent beer selection. Guests can catch sports action on TVs throughout the space in addition to a prime view of the massive three-story screen in Circa’s sportsbook. Additionally, Victory Burger & Wings Co. will have its own radio booth, where fans might spot their favourite sports talk show conducting a broadcast on gameday.
- Project BBQ – Local food truck Project BBQ will find a permanent home at Circa. Helmed by Chef Rex Bernales, Project BBQ will serve up authentic Carolina-style barbecue including mouthwatering pulled brisket, pork, chicken and more. Situated on Circa’s exterior, Project BBQ will spill out onto FSE with a built-in “backyard” for communal gathering. Guests can dine on picnic tables and sip cocktails from Circa’s outdoor bar as they enjoy spectacular light shows from Viva Vision overhead and live music from surrounding concert stages.
- Two-Storey Casino – Circa’s two-storey casino will feature 1,350 slot machines and 49 table games.
- Vegas Vickie Returns – Las Vegas’ beloved neon kicking cowgirl, Vegas Vickie, will make her highly anticipated return to Downtown Las Vegas as a must-see feature in the resort’s lobby. A Las Vegas landmark, Vegas Vickie first appeared on the dazzling Downtown landscape in 1980 and made headlines across the globe in 1994 when she married her neon counterpart, Vegas Vic. Fans thought Vegas Vickie was riding off into the sunset forever when Stevens removed her to make way for Circa’s construction, but after a fresh makeover, she’s back in action at the resort.
- Garage Mahal – The first fully integrated ride-share hub conceived for a new gaming resort, Garage Mahal’s high-tech design and thoughtful features will make it the most convenient parking and transportation venue in the city, with a focus on an elevated level of service and safety. Clean and well-lit, Garage Mahal will spotlight stunning art installations throughout its nine floors. Uber and Lyft passengers will enjoy a seamless experience on the first floor, with easy access for valet and self-parking on additional floors, and a quick in-and-out format for drivers. An air-conditioned bridge over Main Street will connect Garage Mahal to Circa Resort & Casino.
Pan-Asian eatery 8 East from Downtown Las Vegas’ Chef Dan Coughlin will open in December 2020.
Paying homage to Las Vegas’ vibrant history, Circa will be a modern casino experience founded on the original principles of old-school hospitality. Fusing the glamour of vintage Vegas with modern luxuries and cutting-edge technology, guests can expect top-notch entertainment while enjoying honest, attentive and friendly service.