KamaGames, the largest European social mobile poker operator, has today announced their 2018 end of year results.
In these latest results reflecting the 1st January – 31st December 2018 period, each quarter showed strong growth for KamaGames in comparison to the same period in 2017. This continued growth has led to gross revenue increasing by a total of 33% since 2017, growing from $57.5m to $76.4m.
KamaGames’ results are once again ahead of the overall social casino market trend as reported in the latest social casino rankings from Eilers & Krejcik Gaming. This report indicates an overall market growth of just 15% for 2018, less than half of the actual 33% growth experienced by KamaGames.
The number of DAUs of KamaGames’ titles also saw strong growth of 23.5% from 510k in 2017 to 630k in 2018.
These results mark the third consecutive year of significant growth in revenue for the company.
KamaGames attributes their continued success to a number of key executions and dedicated areas of focus which included;
* Personalized promotional campaigns for players which have resulted in the number of paying users, as well as the average revenue per paying user (ARPPU), increasing in 2018
* In June 2018, KamaGames began exclusive monetization through Unity Ads allowing the company to provide in-app rewarded video advertising across their entire gaming portfolio via the Unity Ads platform. This move boosted advertising earnings by 81% when comparing year on year
* A dedicated area of focus for KamaGames throughout 2018 was to improve player retention and session time. This was achieved by the daily engagement of players via the introduction of special event cycles, new mechanics and a number of new games being introduced throughout the year
* New additions to the KamaGames portfolio in 2018 included the launch of an all-new Slots game featuring a variety of themed slots machines. The first half of 2018 also saw the launch of Set Poker, which was then followed by Split Bet Poker.
In the latter half of 2018, KamaGames also introduced another new game, 3D Craps. The introduction of Craps was a key element in enhancing the social experience for Pokerist users, which is an ongoing area of focus for the operator
* Finally, one of the most well-received additions to the KamaGames portfolio in 2018 was the launch of Multi-Table Tournaments (MTT). As one of the most popular mechanics in real-money casinos, KamaGames was confident that the feature would have a similar effect on social casino players, which ultimately proved to be true as MTTs have now become a core part of users’ daily activity
Even after another year of strong results, KamaGames’ CEO Andrey Kuznetsov reveals that the company will not be complacent in the coming year as they have their eyes set on further growth. He says, “Throughout 2019 KamaGames will build on this impressive growth, which we are proud to report was double the growth of the overall market in 2018, by continuing to grow our social casino portfolio as well as entering new markets with regionally popular card games. We are also looking forward to being able to make a number of key partnership announcements with some well-known global brands through the year. 2019 is going to be another very exciting year for KamaGames”.
Kuznetsov continued, “App Annie predicts that, by the end of 2019, mobile gaming will continue to grow and reach 60% market share of consumer game spending. KamaGames will be a significant part of this growth and are committed to further improved user retention and engagement in our gaming portfolio but the continued creation of quality, innovative content, the personalization of game events and the increased socialization between players.
For more information on KamaGames and its portfolio of products visit www.KamaGames.com.
For more information, contact
Director of Global Communications & Content
KamaGames is the largest European social mobile poker publisher and developer, with over 630,000 daily active users. Established in 2010 and employing over 250 staff, KamaGames has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland as well as offices in London and Dubai.
The flagship title, Pokerist, has been the #1 grossing app in 101 countries on the App Store and one of the top 5 grossing apps in 45 countries on Google Play.
In 2017, our gross revenue increased by 63.4% year on year to $57.5 million compared to $35.2 million in 2016. The number of daily active users grew by 36% with the average revenue per paying user growing by 30% in the same period. 2018 saw gross revenue increase from $57.5m to $76.4m.