The Star Entertainment Group has been honoured as the most sustainable gaming and casino operator in the world at a gala event in London.
The Industry Community Awards ceremony was hosted digitally and gave recognition to casino and gaming companies from around the globe.
Amanda Visser, Head of Sustainability for The Star Entertainment Group said: “We’re delighted to receive the Sustainable Business Award for industry operators. To be acknowledged as the world’s most sustainable gaming and casino operator is a huge honour.
“It reflects The Star’s ongoing commitment to sustainability, and ensuring it is central to our operations and embedded across all levels of the business.
“We strive to have a positive impact on the cities in which we operate, and will continue to work with our team members, local communities and stakeholders to ensure we deliver these positive outcomes.”
This follows The Star’s inclusion as a ‘Sustainability Leader’ on the 2020 SAM Corporate Sustainability Assessment- one of the world’s most prestigious environmental, social and governance indices.
The Star’s most recent sustainability milestones in support of its sustainability strategy include:
- Commitment to a net-zero carbon emissions target for our wholly owned and operated portfolio by 2030
- 28 tonnes of furniture donated to local community groups
- 33,000+ kgs (equivalent to 100,900 meals) of food was donated to food rescue charities
- 35,000 bars of soap created Soap Aid’s hotel soap recycling program
- 7.5+ million single-use plastic straws diverted from landfill
- 41 single-use plastic items replaced with 33 sustainable alternatives
- 50% of our portfolio received third-party environmental certification ratings